Golf Federation Members


Sheringham Golf Club

18 Hole Par70 Course, Pro Shop
Regularly recognised among the Top 100 Courses in the country, every year sees us working hard to enhance Membersí and visitorsí enjoyment of our glorious cliff-top location. And, every year, our teams manage to achieve just that. Both on the course and in our relaxed and spacious Clubhouse.


The original nine-hole course opened for play in April 1892. With increasing membership and visitors, an additional nine holes were added and the 18-hole course was opened on 14th May 1898. A Professionalsí Tournament was held on 21st July and won by J. H. Taylor, with a 36-hole total of 157.

Both World Wars saw armed forces using the Sheringham course for exercises and, in World War 2, gun emplacements, pill boxes and look-out towers were erected on and around Skelding Hill. The Clubhouse was used as accommodation for troops and persons displaced from their homes by bomb damage.

The course is laid out on the west side of the town on a strip of rolling, gorse-clad clifftop that lies between the preserved North Norfolk Railway and the North Sea. Noted for its long par 4 holes it is a severe test of players' ability, especially when the wind blows!