Golf Federation Members
Droitwich Golf Club
We offer a mature parkland course with easy walking, playing to nearly 6000 yards and with a par of 70. Occupying well over 100 acres of beautiful Worcestershire countryside we are situated in the heart of Worcestershire, with superb views over the surrounding hills, and easily accessible from Junction 5 of the M5.
Golf has been played at Droitwich since 1897 when the original nine hole course was laid down. The legendary golf course designer James Braid was commissioned to redesign and extend the course and in November 1923.
The Clubhouse facilities are situated in Westford House which was built in 1830 as a private residence. The building has had numerous uses, until being taken over by the golf club in 1924.
The clubhouse has been sympathetically extended and improved over recent years and houses changing rooms and a spike bar on the ground floor. Upstairs provides the club Lounge bar and Restaurant with fine views over the eastern part of the course.
A notable local landmark, the Chateau Impney with its beautiful classic French style architecture was built by the clubs first Chairman John Corbett in 1875. He had the Corsican Pines planted on Green Hill, the highest point of the golf course, to improve the views from the Chateau.
From the top of Green Hill, on a fine day, the surrounding hills of Malvern, Clee, Clent and Lickeys can be seen.
The golf course has seen significant tree planting in recent years and provides a good test of golf for all abilities.
Westford House, Ford Lane, Droitwich, Worcestershire, WR9 0BQ